Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Dialogue: Day to Day

by Mary Fischer.

Typing is nice and all, but opening my journal with a pen in hand is always more uninhibited, free, and honest. It usually implies little 'ol me in dialogue with the great big God, and I'm so glad he's there to listen. Here's a bit of that dialogue today...

No one has even looked at our big, beautiful house. Why? What's the story? The bigger picture. I'm dying to know. And what's next? Is it what we are hoping for? Hmmm..............
Okay, the silence makes me nervous. Replace my anxious heart with trust, God.  I do, trust you, by the way. It's just hard not to know. 

But thank you. Should have started with that. Thanks for allowing us to still love our house and make memories here. Thanks for joy in our time together. Thanks for totally spoiling me by Michael and the kids on Mother's Day. Blessed. 

...because Blessed are those in whom you live, whose lives become roads you travel...

Psalm 84, The Message

1-2      What a beautiful home, God-of-the-Angel-Armies!
          I’ve always longed to live in a place like this,
         Always dreamed of a room in your house,
           where I could sing for joy to God-alive!
3-4 Birds find nooks and crannies in your house,
    sparrows and swallows make nests there.
They lay their eggs and raise their young,
    singing their songs in the place where we worship.
God-of-the-Angel-Armies! King! God!
    How blessed they are to live and sing there!
5-7 And how blessed all those in whom you live,
    whose lives become roads you travel;
They wind through lonesome valleys, come upon brooks,
    discover cool springs and pools brimming with rain!
God-traveled, these roads curve up the mountain, and
    at the last turn—Zion! God in full view!

P.S. Thanks to Tim Keel at Jacob's Well for sharing this Psalm with us, along with an amazing dialogue, on Sunday.

P.P.S (I noticed that I forgot to mention how Tegegne got 3 cakes in the previous post. We were at a friends birthday and graduation party at the top of the hill at 2pm, and at 4pm we strolled to a 2 year old friend's party at the bottom of the hill. What Tegegne intercepted along the way, was another birthday party. Hence 3 cakes. And one fabulous afternoon for a 5 year old.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails