Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Conversations: Of Significance




Tonight was special. I was sending you to bed, Tegegne, and you reminded me to come to your bed with you to pray. I asked you what you wanted to pray for and you said, "that God would help Jesus come back to life." I then explained  to you that He did! That's when Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven. You asked, so Jesus is alive, and I said Yes! In Heaven with God. And his Holy Spirit is here with us. You said, "I want to be with Jesus in Heaven!" I said, you can! If you believe in Jesus you can be with him in Heaven when you die. And Jesus is with you on earth, through the Holy Spirit. I asked if you wanted to pray and tell Jesus that you believed in him. You said yes. I got Ababayeh from mowing, and he talked more with you and prayed with you. 

Then Ababayeh gave several scenarios of how much we love you, but how much more God loves you. 

I uploaded these photos, which were part of our recent photo shoot, but they made me think of tonight. I keep thinking of the song, "Go Tell It On the Mountain, Over the hills, and everywhere!" And I see you reading to your sister, or telling her about the book on your lap. I know that once you know and understand more of this Good News from God, you will want to tell it to people. Especially your sister. 

Go, Tegegne! Tell it on the mountain, over the hills and everywhere...that Jesus Christ is King! Tell your story, and tell God's story through your life and through your voice!

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful. So, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happened to stumble upon this blog and just fell in love with your guy's story. I am a believer and studying social work at Park University and really want to run my own orphanage today and so it's encouraging to hear this story and how faithful you guys have been in this journey!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails