Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dear Hubby Ababayeh Jones


It's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. The funny thing is that you've only been gone for 2ish days. Ha! As you were leaving the country last night I missed your call twice, and just now I missed your "live chat" in gmail. It makes me remember when we were in college and you spent 6 months in France. I would miss your call all of the time and cry, cry, cry. I'm not crying now, don't worry. Just wished I could say hi. Several times today Tegegne said, "Mommy, when are we going to skype with Ababayeh? I want to skype with him. I miss him."


Besides missing you, we've had an exciting afternoon with tornado warnings then gorgeous skies and now more suspicious looming clouds. Luckily Kara from up the street stopped by with her kiddos asking if we wanted to take a walk when we heard the sirens. She and I took the kids to the basement, turned on the radio, built a fort with tables, got out play dough and puzzles, breast fed our babies, and then put bike helmets on the kids. I had our huge scooter helmets ready for for the two of us. With the tragedy in Joplin, we figured we couldn't be too prepared!


After Kara left I had one of those "woe is me" afternoons until I found my phone and saw that sweet Kate, Emily, and Taryn had all checked in with us. Thanks friends.


Okay, and I've been in and out of this post, (you know...tending to the needs of the children) and I just listened to my voice mails and I also missed your call. Holy cow. Thanks for the message dear. I hope to receive all further correspondence from you!  


I love you.


Kris

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya ... both of my sister's live in Joplin. One sister's home was demolished and one sister's home was very near being flattened. I am so thankful they are alive, but it has certainly made me more "respectful" of tornado warnings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails