Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Kids: A Big Helper

Scout Photo. Nick Welch.
As you can see, aside from Michael, I have a big helper in the house named Tegegne. It is quite fun to have him help when I stay patient enough for him to do so. This morning he was holding her legs as I changed her diaper, and he did a great job. He helped lotion her belly after her bath, and loves to hold her. Hensley, you seem to enjoy hearing your brothers voice as he tries to sooth your cry or get you interested in a toy. Last night was a sweet moment. He came in and helped me sing you a song before you went to bed. He chose "God is so good" and sang it to you with all of his heart.

And to you big helper, I've been thinking of you as a little bitty baby a lot. I am often asked if it is hard that we didn't know you as a baby. Now that we have this sweet, cuddly little baby I would say yes. I wish I could have held you, rocked you, soothed you, and known you when you were so little. At the same time, I know that it was God's will for your dear birth mother to have those moments with you. Feeding you with her breast, soothing you with her voice. She even told us (when we met her) that you slept on her chest. I am sure that being near her was what you needed. Oh, but if we could only see a photo of your sweet baby cheeks. You have enjoyed us talking with you about what you were like as a little baby. We tell you that you probably cried as much as Hensley does, and that you had as many dirty diapers...but that birth mom most likely didn't use diapers like we use, etc, etc.

Love,
Mommyeh

2 comments:

  1. That picture just couldn't be more darling! Glad to see your little family is getting along splendidly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! My name is Lara and I've been following your blog for a while now. My husband and I have just begun the journey to bringing home a baby boy from Uganda. Your blog has been quite helpful in showing me a glimpse of what the process is like and the amazing reward in store for us. Thanks for sharing!
    ps I'm friends with Heather Hale and I found your blog through her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails