Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Motherhood: I Can!

SuperMom Action Figure




Well, I just had to chime in and say how accomplished I felt this morning! Go me go! I wish I had a t-shirt that said, "I'm a mom and I can do this!" It's my first full day without a helper and I got the kids dressed and out the door to visit my workplace (or old workplace, but I'll claim it forever.) Tegegne and I showered, had breakfast, the dog pee-d, I fed Hensley at 7:30 and 10:30ish, changed a few of her diapers and we were off. AND, I made my "Mother's Milk Tea." And actually drank half of it. It was great to visit my coworkers/friends. I miss those folks who I used to spend more than half of my day with.


Last night we had a great walk around the Kansas City Museum with neighborhood friends. Tonight we are having dinner with friends, and they are bringing the meal to us. What a deal, huh?


Tegegne, I'd say you've had a super week playing with Gramma Debby, Cade, Adry, Stella, Hudson, Soren, and Sfea + the other awesome kids at school. You do not lack a social life, that's for sure. On top of that you got this amazing package from Aunt Jan & Wally that included a hilarious t-shirt that says "Lock Up Your Daughters" and a sherif cowboy costume.


Hensley, I think you had a good week too. You are sweet little lady.


Michael, thanks for my date Tuesday night at JJ's. It was so great to get away with you. We look forward to the best part of our day...when you walk in the door!


Mom

1 comment:

  1. You are a champ! I remember those days like it was yesterday and it feels so good to get the fam going and get out of the house! Enjoy each little accomplishment as those do make your day! I am going to pray for you tonight as I head to bed...that you would enjoy each sweet minute of your life with two beautiful kiddos and that you would take deep breaths often and be renewed by Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails