Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Call

photo.
Hi Tegegne. How are you? Are you good? It looks to me like you are enjoying life and are quite a happy fellow. About a month ago you really started using your imagination and you tell cute little stories. Like this, "Mommy, there's a mouse in your car...it's gonna get you!"You talk about "the mouse" all of the time. (You may or may not be getting a little toy mouse for Christmas, by the way.)

Things are fairly "normal" at home, but the other day at work I got "the call." The call from Miss D at your school saying you had bit a classmate. She said that for the past week you were acting up more and she wanted to bring it to my attention. This news made me sad.  Things have gone pretty well at school so far, and I was not sure how to respond. At the moment we were on the phone she said you decided to take a nap and were lying on a cot in your room. It was not nap time, and that seemed quite odd so I picked you up and brought you home for the afternoon. We talked and you told me everything you had done and why. You are quite good at telling on yourself. 

Several people have suggested that this behavior at school might be due to your new baby sister coming. Maybe so, but I'm trying not to get too worked up about it.  I have faith in you, little guy, and I think you can move on from this soon. Sound good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails