Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

5 Years Ago







Five years ago today, I got to marry you, Michael Jones. Do you remember that day? I was so nervous and excited. Since then we have experienced a lot together. I'm so glad I get to do life with you.

I remember

our trip to Ecuador in 2005 with Camp Kivu (then K-CO) where we decided we would adopt one of our children. And five years later we were on a plane to pick up our son, our first child, adopted from Ethiopia. Wow.

being your scuba diving partner in Hawaii, and having full confidence that you would rescue me from danger if need be.

all of the awesome Christmas gifts you've made me, and the hours of labor and thought that went into each one.

your meaningful words of encouragement, which come at just the right time.

our bike rides where you would make me go faster and farther than I ever thought I could.

and sitting down at the dinner table with you hundreds of times and enjoying laughter, conversation, or silence.


And I love

your chocolate chip cookies, and your chocolate mouse, and your homemade brioche, etc.

your retired skit characters from camp. (I always hope you'll pull them out again.)

your motivation to conquer something new (including renovating our entire attic including plumbing and electrical.)

your self-discipline.

watching you as a father and a teacher. (This is growing to be one of my favorite things.)

Thanks for caring for me and guiding our family through God's love.
Happy Anniversary! I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails