Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Soul Graffiti



Just started reading this book. Soul Graffiti by Mark Scandrette. I am drawn to the way Mark lives. It's in line with how Jesus lived and did ministry. 

My heart is beating at a faster pace and I hear God speaking to me as the words jump off the page. Michael and I recently were discussing our journey. We shared with each other that we've been praying for "what's next?" It is so cool how God brings things to us at the same time. 

Here's what I read today:

Has my desire to maintain social status or a standard of living forced me to disregard the revolutionary nature of the life and teachings of the master?

What if Jesus actually intended for us to grapple with how to follow his instructions for life, instructions like:

"Sell your possessions and give to the poor." Luke 12:33
"Love your enemies and do good to them." Luke 6:35
"Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also." Matthew 5:39
"Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink...Seek first the kingdom of God." Matthew 6:25, 33
"Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For he who is least among you all--he is the greatest." Luke 9:48


Right now Ababayeh and I are sitting on the front porch while you (Gunyea) and Owen are playing in a plastic pool in the front yard. You crack us up, kid! You can hold your breath for a long time and love to play in the water. We are so blessed. Last night we went to a wedding, and while everyone waited for the bride and groom to arrive, you became the life of the party. You were showing mad dancing skills, running around, holding girls hands, and had everyone in the place entertained. 

1 comment:

  1. Your thoughts on adoption are beautiful! I love how you treasure each other and your son. You remind me of God's heart for adoption (and for family in general)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails