Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bath Time


Dear Tegegne,
It has been 3 days since we've been with you and you, Dear Son, are wonderful. Today you talked a lot. You said "Mommy" which rocked, and later in the day you said, "Mommy help." You've said "Daddy", but also "Papa" and "Ababa"... all addressing your dear ol' dad. All of the above work for him. You've repeated after us many times saying, "I love you," and tonight during your bath time I sang, "God is Good," indeed.
You could hardly wait for your bath tonight. Once I turned on the water, you started taking your shirt off to jump right in! Today I learned to wrap you on my back like your mother most likely did. You were so content being tied onto my back. We walked through several shopping markets and the Ethiopians love that I carried you on my back like they do. One man stopped and said, "That is so nice of you."
I am feeling quite strong and a little sore, but it is absolutely worth it. Holding you on the crazy van rides and rocking you to sleep are also great.
Michael and I are learning that parenthood brings with it a whole new level of endurance, patience and love. It is awesome! Did I mention that we love you? Well, we do. A ton. I cannot wait for our family and friends to meet you.
P.S. The big news, besides all of the awesome words you learned, is that we passed the U.S. Embassy appointment and will get your visa Friday morning before the coffee tour. Thank you, God!!!

4 comments:

  1. One of the highlights of my day is getting on here to see how little T is doing! I am so glad it is well! I am so glad he got his visa!! Love all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now your family's journey home to us can begin!! Be safe, give Tegegne a big hug and kiss from his Nana and Grampa, and we'll see y'all SOON. You don't know how much your blogging and pictures warm our hearts daily...we love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so overwhelmed for you guys! What an amazing gift. Travel safe. You three are in our prayers!

    Shawna and Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for continuing to share your lives with us. i am so proud and happy for you all. what a lucky family! can't wait to meet T in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails