Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Babymoon

Hello Tegegne! How are you? Do you know that we will be there in a four days? That is so soon.

A note to you about our babymoon. You see, your father and I decided to spend our last days before parenthood in one of the more lovely cities a person can find. Paris. We find ourselves sitting on the subway, half full of travelers headed from Versailles to Paris. We sit across from one another. Your dad is enjoying a book, "Into the Wild" by John Krakauer while I listen to Bon Iver and read Julia Childs, "My Life in Paris." Our feet touch and I smile because we are in love. Four years of marriage, on our last trip as two for awhile. We are so happy. Life is good.
Paris. I love this place. Crepes with nutella and bananas. Breads, wine, people dressed with style. The doors. There are not two doors alike in this city. I could photograph every single one. Design is everywhere. Yesterday we toured a Le Corbusier home. Today we will visit Musée d'Orsay and Centre Pompidou. The Pompidou has a cafe designed by Phillipe Starck on it's highest level. He knows design. I could stop on any street and find a photographic moment in my view. And the friendships we have here are wonderful. Just enjoyed another lovely meal with Madam Gerardin and her friend. And last night we enjoyed the raclette (yum!) at Anne's flat just off a very lively street in Paris.

We bought you three books that you and your dad will enjoy! One of them titled, "Madame Trompette veut maigrir" (Miss Elephant Wants to Lose Weight). It's a funny book.

The bag with my coat arrived last night! I have been borrowing a brown coat from Madame Gerardin. Our last bag should arrive today! We will catch a taxi at 4 am to make our way to Charles de Gaul for our 6:30 am flight to ET tomorrow. It is a forcasted 75 and sunny in Ethiopia!

Signing off from Paris.

cordialement,
Kristyn + Michael

1 comment:

  1. Kristyn, So glad you are enjoying each other on this beautiful trip! I am praying everyday for you! Love you (all three!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails