Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Some more friends that want to meet you...


In this room rest 18, 8-9 year olds that want to meet you.  They continually ask about you, and ask why you have yet to come meet them.  These students are so fun.  You will really have a good time meeting them and playing with them.  As we look at globes in Social Studies, my students continually tell me as they point, "Voila, il habite ici en Ethiopie!"  They love to show me where your country is, and are still amazed that you are coming from so far away.  
I have asked them if they know anyone who is adopted, and most of them have previous experiences with children who are adopted.  They are curious in the same sense of what it means for their teacher to leave them for a few weeks, go across the world, find his son, and come back a father.  It isn't typical, but it is good and necessary.  
Sometimes they ask if they can see your picture again, and again, and again.  It never gets old for me to see their inquisitive minds.  
You have hundreds of people who are awaiting your arrival.  Amongst them are these 18 students who can achieve anything they desire.  For now they wait like your mother and I.  

I tell my class I will bring them back souvenirs, so you'll have to show me what 3rd graders would like over there (nothing too pricey...i have to get multiples...)  

we're coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails