Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

F-O-O-D

Hey Son,
Are you eating well today? How about that injera, huh? (pancake-like break made out of teff flour) I bet you love that stuff. You guys eat almost every meal with injera, right? And with your right hand only? I will try to cook injera for you, but if I don't succeed I will go to our Ethiopian market or we will go to the Blue Nile, k? We already have some Berbere (red Ethiopian spice) at home to cook with, and some Ethiopian tea (Thanks to your Autie Taryn, aka Big T these days). Your dad and I have eaten a meal with berbere twice. We liked it. I've heard that you could be in love with popcorn. Ethiopian coffee ceremonies include popcorn, right? Have you been to a traditional coffee ceremony? Are you going to like the microwaved PC in a bag, or should I start doing stove top popcorn? (Can you help me with this, aunt jessie?) We are excited to be in Ethiopia and try your food first hand. Before we leave we will find some local favorite restaurants, so you can get some last tried and true Ethiopian food. We will do a sampler platter, to find out what Ethiopian dishes you really like.

Speaking of food, I am going home to make a nice pot of chili. Yum.

Talk soon, k?

Love,
Mom


1 comment:

  1. Any-any-any news or insight on your court date? We are waiting for our date, too....

    Have you eaten at the Blue Nile yet?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails