Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

i think it's there

Dear son,
Hello! We should be very proud of the Fed Ex man. Our paperwork says it arrived in Addis Ababa yesterday at 3:15pm. That is your city! Our paperwork made it from here to there! That is great news. Now your dad and I will be assigned a number, which should give us an idea of how many waiting parents are before us. In the mean time, I've got to look into some daycare, a baby bed, and more great kids books. I've also got to find you a good doctor and I've got to keep reading. I'm reading Bringing Up Boys by Dr. Dobson. Once the America World has the dossier in her hands, she will notify us. Then I will notify you of details. I learned that once I know who you are I can send you care packages. I think I'll get started on a small but cozy blanket to send to you.

Oh and by the way, your dad and I have been married for 4 years today! August 27, 2005 was our wedding day! We love each other so much and we can't wait to share that love with you. Your dad got me a massage at a nice salon and I made him a photo book of memories over the past 4 years. Tonight we are going to dinner at Justus Drugstore in Smithville.
It's a great wedding anniversary!

Stay tuned for more info, and pray that they review our paperwork soon! You could be at the Transition Home right now. I heard that there are lots of babies and toddlers there lately.

-from the anticipating mother-to-be

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    (And, I hope you get here soooooon, Little Fella!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as a reminder, everything you send in the carepackages stays at the orphanage even after you pick up your child, so pray for ALL the babies that will snuggle with it as you make it!

    Congratulations on your Dossier reaching ET soil! That's wonderful!

    Gina Root AWAA YG

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that FedEx is getting their job done!! Hooray! Can't wait to see a picture of you new addition. And happy anniversary, sweet friend. I can't believe it has already been four years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate that we missed your anniversary. i would have sent a card. it's on my calendar now so no more forgetting this exciting day. This was our anniversary too. The day I weekend i met the Joneses!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails