Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

red monkeys and flying chickens



Wow, son we really wish you could have joined our lovely weekend in Kansas City. Your dad and I were just discussing how blessed we felt the past couple of days with friends, family, and fun activities. This afternoon we got to help our friend, Tara Dawley with her booth at the Art Fair. She is such a great lady. Guess what? She is very excited to meet you and even gave you your very own cup and saucer, with flying chickens on it. Did you know that I had a Great Grandma Chicken? Grandpa Orville's mama was Grandma Chicken to us grandkids, because she had a chicken coop in her back yard. So it is quite fitting for your very first cup to be carved with flying chickens. Thank you Miss Tara.

You also got a very special gift from Grandma Ileen this weekend. She made you a red monkey. See?
Doesn't he look nice? His name is Red. Red wants me to tell you that he really likes to read. He wondered if he could read to you on the first night you arrive at home. I told him you may be too tired, but he stays hopeful.

Red's idea to stay hopeful is a very good practice. Your dad and I try to stay hopeful too. Our hope is in the Lord. We are trusting in Him as he brings you to us. Maybe this will happen SOON. We just learned that three families got their dossier of toddler boys in less than 3 months of finishing their paperwork. That is what I call soon! The best part of hoping in the Lord is that He is faithful and good. He provides for our needs, and we pray that he is providing for your needs tonight as well.

I mentioned two people that I must tell you more about. They are Grandpa Orville and Grandma Ileen. I have spent lots of time with them and their lives have blessed me richly. I just talked to Grandma tonight and she is busy making a huge doll house and race tracks for our family get-together Memorial Weekend. We will all camp out in her back yard. Grandma Ileen is so much fun. She has the best stories, and has lots of creativity to share with each of her grandchildren. We will have great weekends at grandma and grandpas where our imaginations will almost reach the stars. You just wait son. Just wait.
I think Grandpa is spit shining his convertible to take us on a cruise around town. No one can get a car as shiny as Grandpa Orville. You are going to enjoy grandpa so much! He has a deep joy in his heart. He loves God and loves people.

Grandpa Orville and Grandma Ileen. Our wedding. Aug 2005.


Good night, sleep tight little African dude. We love you.



3 comments:

  1. mmm I think I know these people

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristyn (and Michael :-)

    My mom ("aunt" Faye) sent me your blog address...it's pretty obvious that you two are extremely excited about this upcoming addition to your family - congratulations! Also, mom mentioned that you'd really like to talk to bethany sometime. I'll tell you, the best way to communicate with her is probably her facebook, so just look her up sometime.
    Again...congratulations - we are very happy for you both!
    Lori K. and clan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kristyn!

    Home studies and dossiers...fun, fun. The waiting is the hardest part, but certainly all well worth it!

    David and Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails