Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Update


We had an adorable 11 month old at our house this weekend, and I took lots of motherhood notes as I watched one of my close friends be a mom. I'm so ready to give this motherhood thing a try.
Each day is a step closer. Our home study will be done THIS week. Finally. I feel like we have taken longer than most families to pull this together, but with working full time, I have to fit it in when I can. And, the timing is in the good Lord's hands anyway. After the home study we pull together several notarized documents for the dossier. Then we wait, and read adoption books, and lift weights. Really though, I read somewhere that a woman strained a muscle because she went from carrying no baby to carrying her adopted toddler everyday. Son, I promise to lift some weights and I may consider attaching a 20 lb weight belt to my body so I can get used to the extra weight.

Needless to say, the adoption training we've done so far has me preparing in more ways than I originally imagined.

I love you today son, and hope that you are eating well and enjoying some fresh air. Hopefully next year at this time we will be walking down the hill to the park multiple times a week. That swing has your name written all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails